- Tarif horaire 26€
- Temps de réponse 20h
- Nombre d’élèves 50+
1er cours offert !
Native Teacher from England. Speaking Abilities, Business English, Confidence, Grammar and Vocabulary. Teaching Certificate from Cambridge University
- Royal Wootton Bassett
C’est le nec plus ultra des professeurs. Qualité du profil, excellence du diplôme, réponse garantie. Eugene organisera avec soin votre premier cours d'Anglais.
À propos du cours
About the lesson
Hello! I am Eugene and I am a native English teacher from England.
I am experienced English teacher, and I can help you with General English, Business English, Speaking Ability, Confidence, Vocabulary, Comprehension and Grammar. I can also prepare you for exams and tests, interviews, presentations and more.
I am committed to improving your level and helping you achieve your goals, and with me you will reach your English language objectives.
I have 2 teaching qualifications: CELTA (From Cambridge University) and a TEFL certificate. I have taught in Israel, Guatemala and England.
I will challenge you in many ways, so that you can express yourself better and more confidently in English in many different situations.
I am looking forward to teaching you! :)
- Expression orale - anglais
- Anglais britannique
Formation pour adultes
À propos d'Eugene
I have a university degree from the University of Bath in England. I have travelled a lot during my adult life, and I have learned a few languages. I have learned French and Portuguese online with language tutors, which has helped me with my teaching.
My interests are the following: traveling, cultures, reading, physical exercise, meeting new people, discussing interesting ideas and current affairs, educating myself, languages and more.
EXPERIENCE IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE EDUCATION
Online Private Teacher Sep 2016 - Now
• Teaching private lessons through Skype.
• Students’ levels vary from beginner to advanced.
• Business English, General English, Exam Preparation, Confidence Increase, Improved Comprehension, Grammar Teaching, Travel English
Private English Tutor/Teacher June 2016 -Oct 2016
• Teaching students privately, from beginner to advanced level.
Private English Tutor/Teacher June 2016-Oct 2016
Best English School, Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
• Teaching private lessons to children and adults of various levels.
Local Leader and English Teacher Jul 2015
English First summer school, Portsmouth, England
• I led and taught English for 3 weeks Chinese children aged 10-12.
• There were 17 Chinese children of level complete beginner to lower intermediate.
• I taught for a total of about 25-30 hours topics such as grammar and vocabulary, and made the students practice verbal communication skills.
Personal Tutor Aug 2009 – July 2010
Wall Street Institute, Haifa, Israel
• I taught English grammar, vocabulary to adults in one-on-one settings, and practiced conversation.
• Supported students in their learning process by tracking their progress, offering advice and resolving study issues.
• Voted top personal tutor in Israel, best in 11 company branches, for one quarter of a year.
As an online tutor, I have helped people with the following:
General English - a Spanish university student was going to be an Erasmus student in Italy. I provided him conversation practice and improved his grammar. He is now in Italy and he told me he is using expressions learned in the lesson.
Travel English - a beginner student from Moscow was planning to travel for 2 weeks in the USA - I prepared her for this. She went to the USA and enjoyed her trip because she was able to communicate much better with local people.
Travel English - I helped a pre-intermediate student from Sao Paulo in Brazil to prepare for a 2 week business trip to Germany, where she was going to receive training on how to use new software. I helped with her with understanding German accent in English, business language, grammar, vocabulary, listening comprehension. She went to Germany and had a good time, and succeeded in communicating with her colleagues.
Interviews - 2 future pilots from Moscow, intermediate level, that had interviews with Aeroflot for pilot jobs. They both passed to the next stage of the interview process.
Interview preparation + Business English - A Turkish man from Istanbul, intermediate level - I prepared him for an interview for a job in Germany.
British English - a student from Fortaleza in Brazil, intermediate level, was planning to go to London for 6 months to do her PhD research - I helped with grammar, vocabulary, British expressions, and helped her improve her listening comprehension of British English and slang. She is in London now.
Moving to London, England - A student from Warsaw in Poland, upper-intermediate, planned to move permanently to the UK. I helped him with business English, IT sector English, grammar, vocabulary, better communication skills etc. He has moved to London, and found a job after 2-3 weeks as a Network Engineer.
IELTS speaking part - I have helped a student from St Petersburg. upper-intermediate, prepare for the speaking part of the IELTS exam. He is planning to immigrate to Australia.
Confidence improving - A student from Moscow in Russian, elementary level, who always felt scared when speaking in English. I am still teaching her, and have helped her with speaking confidence, better listening comprehension, better grammar and vocabulary. She recently went on a business trip with Russia, and in her hotel she saw two German men. She helped translate between the German men and the hotel staff successfully, and she felt proud and happy about this.
Parfait ! Eugène est très pédagogue et est très prévenant avec ses élèves son travail est extraordinaire et les résultats excellents
Parfait ! Eugene es extraordinario, paciente y muy profesional. Si lo que buscas es mejor en conversación o cualquier aspecto del idioma inglés, no te arrepentirás en buscarlo.
Parfait ! Eugene is a very enthusiastic teacher. He is competent and full of ideas! I feel more confident and I'm sure my English has improved. Thank you!
Parfait ! Eugene is a great English teacher. I have had lessons with him for about 18 months on both business English and grammar and he has helped me building my confidence in speaking. He will always find great readings that meet both my language needs and my interests and provide me with homework to fill in my gaps. I would definitely recommend Eugene if you want to consistently improve your English language skills.
- Réponse d'Eugene : Pierluigi is a great student who has a lot of enthusiasm learning English. He does his homework and is happy to learn new things. We do general English and also business English. Thank you Pierluigi!
Parfait ! Eugene é um professor muito bom! Suas aulas são focadas nos problemas e objetivos do próprio aluno, tornando as aulas mais divertidas e contextuais. Além disso possui entendimento do Espanhol e um pouco de Português, ajudando até os alunos mais iniciantes. Recomendo!
- Réponse d'Eugene : Clemilson has a business, and needed help practising business English. We did a few lessons where we practiced talking about business, work, business trips etc. Clemilson is an enthusiastic student of English.
Thank you Clemilson!
Excellent ! Eugene is really a very good teacher with good pedagogy.
- Réponse d'Eugene : Gracia needs English for business and in general, because he is going to move to China. Teaching Gracia has been a pleasure. Thank you Gracia!
Parfait ! Eugene è veramente un insegnante fantastico! È molto preparato ed è attento alle mie esigenze. Le sue lezioni sono interessanti e divertenti al tempo stesso; in ogni lezione si affrontano argomenti differenti e si impara molto senza annoiarsi mai. Sono molto soddisfatta e lo consiglio a tutti!
- Réponse d'Eugene : Caterina enjoys speaking and learning English, and it has been a pleasure doing lessons with her. Thank you Caterina!
Parfait ! Eugène est un très bon professeur, dynamique et très à l'écoute de ses élèves. J'ai beaucoup apprécié ses cours, leur richesse et leur variété, et beaucoup progressé en anglais.
Je le recommande chaudement!
- Réponse d'Eugene : Gilles needed English so that he can sell houses better. We practiced specific scenarios of different stages of the house-selling process. Thank you Gilles!
Parfait ! Eugene is an amazing teacher. Adaptative, respectful, still motivated even if the student has a (temporary) lack of motivation ;), and all the lessons are done in a great atmosphere. Thank you Eugene!
- Réponse d'Eugene : Francois is an IT Security Project Engineer from France. He needs English because he has to deal with companies and people from other countries.
We have worked together on many skills and topics: small talk, speaking, project management language, large numbers, grammar, business meeting simulation and other topics.
I also send him homework on the topics above, as well as other areas, so that he can improve his business vocabulary, grammar, listening comprehension etc.
Francois is a funny and joyful student, and he seems to enjoy speaking English, always making jokes in the lesson (probably my funniest student). It’s been a pleasure teaching him. Thank you!
Parfait ! Fue genial y realmente útil.
"It was great and really helpful."
Parfait ! Eugene is Great !
I had to prepare for interview and Eugene helped me to prepare the interviews and improve my CV.
Eugene gave a lot of advices to succeed an interview.
- Réponse d'Eugene : Donatien is a motivated student. He had to prepare for an interview as a Deployment Strategist.
We did interview practice and I looked at his CV. I prepared him for the interview and provided feedback on where he can improve. He passed the first stage of the interview, and hopefully will get the job.
Thank you Donatien!
Parfait ! Eugène est un excellent professeur d'anglais mais surtout une personne en or. Les appels avec lui ont toujours été un plaisir et j'ai beaucoup progressé en peu de temps. Je le recommande fortement.
Excellent ! Eugene est vraiment un sympathique professeur qui vous aidera à vous améliorer en expression oral (c'est ce que nous avons travaillé ensemble), grâce à lui, je suis beaucoup plus à l'aise pour m'exprimer :)
Eugene is really a nice teacher who will help you improve your speaking skills (that's what we worked together), thanks to him, I'm much more comfortable to express myself :)
Parfait ! Eugene is a great and passionate teacher ! I have been enjoying taking english lessons with him. All the homework that he send me is always very interesting and perfectly meets my needs. Eugene adapts each session to my specific needs (phone calls, presentations and so on). My speaking abilities, my fluency as well as my confidence has improved. I strongly recommend Eugene as an English teacher !!
- Réponse d'Eugene : Elena works as a Process Engineer in a pharmaceutical company in Switzerland. She needs English because she will take on some new responsivities at work. She has an advanced level of English already (B2/C1) and so we have been working focusing on many areas – her confidence of using English and discussing her work, connectors and conjunctions (vocabulary and grammar of these), how to present herself at work, dependent prepositions, past modals, Scottish accent comprehension (she will be working with Scottish people), present perfect, vocabulary such as quite/fairly/somewhat, conditionals, general business topics such as Starbucks, Nestle, Monsanto and more.
The homework I’ve been sending has also been regarding the mentioned above.
Elena is a motivated and committed student of English, and I’ve enjoyed our lessons. Thank you Elena!
Parfait ! Eugene is a fantastic tutor. He is passionate, driven and meticulous in his efforts to enable his students to fulfil their potential to the utmost.
His extensive experience and mastery of the subject allow him to tailor his lessons very specifically to the needs of his students. In addition, he is very professional, punctual and flexible.
- Réponse d'Eugene : David works for a Swiss bank. He needs English for work and general communication.
We have practiced doing a presentation he did for work, using the auxiliary “do” in positive sentences, how to communicate with a manager, work-related vocabulary, certain grammar and other areas. We have also practiced a lot of speaking and listening.
I’ve been sending David homework to practice different skills and grammar points: phrasal verbs, email writing, grammar reading, videos about business or general things (to practice vocabulary and comprehension), how to communicate with a manager and more.
David is always friendly and polite, and he clearly enjoys speaking English. The classes have been a pleasure. Thank you David
Parfait ! Eugène est très professionnel, je conseille vivement. Je continue à travailler avec Eugène et je constate un progrès. Il est à l’écoute et très pédagogue.
- Réponse d'Eugene : David is going to move to a new position within his company where he will need to use English more often. We have focused on general English - speaking, listening, reading + vocabulary, grammar and pronunciation.
David is a motivated student. Thank you :)
Parfait ! Je recommande Eugène. La prise de contact s'est bien passée, les offres de cours sont claires. Eugène a bien su s'adapter à ma demande. Il est à l'écoute, patient, pédagogue, organisé et très sympathique. Je n'hésiterais pas à retravailler avec lui. Merci Eugène :-)
I recommend Eugene. The contact has gone well, the course offers are clear. Eugene knew how to adapt to my request. He is attentive, patient, pedagogue, organized and very friendly. I would not hesitate to work with him again. Thank you Eugene :-)
- Réponse d'Eugene : Mathilde needs English for jobs in the architecture sector. We have been practising conversation, grammar and pronunciation. I’ve been sending her homework exercises to improve her grammar, listening comprehension, vocabulary and general videos.
She is an enthusiastic and motivated student, and she enjoys learning English. It’s been a pleasure teaching her. Thank you! :)
Excellent ! Eugène répond pleinement à la demande d'Arthur d’améliorer son anglais oral et sa compréhension. Arthur a pris confiance et prend de plus en plus de plaisir à échanger avec Eugène qui sait le motiver. Il souhaite continuer les cours avec Eugène, meilleure preuve de sa satisfaction.
Eugene fully responds to Arthur's request to improve his oral English and his understanding. Arthur has gained confidence and takes more and more pleasure in exchanging with Eugene who knows how to motivate him. He wants to continue classes with Eugene, the best proof of his satisfaction.
- Réponse d'Eugene : Arthur is a teenager from France who needs English speaking practice in general and also for passing a Cambridge English B1 Exam. We have worked on his fluency and speaking skills. We have done exam practice. We have covered grammar, new and alternative vocabulary, pronunciation and more. For homework I’ve been sending him videos (for listening comprehension), grammar and vocabulary exercises.
Arthur is an intelligent young man who is motivated to learn English. He’s been a pleasure to teach. Thank you Arthur!
Parfait ! Cela fait maintenant quelques semaines que je prends des cours avec Eugène et ce n’était pas gagné d’avance. Je suis ravie des progrès que je constate de semaine en semaine. Eugene est un professeur patient, à l’écoute et très professionnel. Ces cours sont bien structurés et personnalisés. Il est très dynamique, souriant et intéressant.
C’est un réel plaisir d’apprendre l’anglais désormais.
It's been a few weeks since I took classes with Eugene and it was not won in advance. I am pleased with the progress I see from week to week. Eugene is a patient teacher, attentive and very professional. These courses are well structured and personalized. He is very dynamic, smiling and interesting.
It's a real pleasure to learn English now.
- Réponse d'Eugene : Caroline is a beginner level student. She needs English for general travel. She like travelling, but finds it hard to communicate in English. We have been doing a lot of conversation practice, vocabulary and grammar. For homework I’ve been sending her listening comprehension exercises, grammar, reading (for vocabulary).
We have also practised directions for when she travels.
She is a fun and motivated student, and it’s been a pleasure teaching her. Thank you!
Parfait ! Eugène est un professeur très sympathique et dynamique. Il m'a beaucoup aidé en quelques cours à être plus à l'aise à l'oral, ce qui était ma demande principale car je ne pratique l'anglais que lors de mes voyages.
Merci encore Eugène ! Et à bientôt
- Réponse d'Eugene : Olivier was an enthusiastic student who need to learn English for his travels. We did a lot of conversation practice and some grammar too.
Thanks a lot!
Excellent ! I am very satisfied with my english courses with Eugene.
He is very professional and helped me achieve my goals. He found relevant articles on the technical subject I had to explore, sent me appropriate homework, adapted his class when I had special needs.
In addition, he was very friendly making each session a pleasant moment.
- Réponse d'Eugene : Nathalie was a student who needed help with using English in a new area for her (a biofuel project). We looked at presentations and information regrading this topic, and discussed it a lot, making her more comfortable explaining aspects of it. We also focused on pronunciation and some general English vocabulary.
Thank you Nathalie
Excellent ! Eugene is an amazing teacher. He is really invested in what he does, he offers exercises based on your abilities and always has clear explanations about the English language. He is really understanding and flexible.
- Réponse d'Eugene : Lucie is a great student, and we have been focusing on her speaking abilities as well as helping her prepare for interviews in English. She is enthusiastic and motivated. Thank you!
Parfait ! Eugene is a fantastic teacher. He makes English learning interesting and fun. I started to learn English with Eugene two months ago. I have a basic level of English and I have improved a lot, especially my speaking. He spends time with you to make sure you understand everything. He also sends homework, which refers to things that you need to review.
My experience with him couldn’t be better.
- Réponse d'Eugene : Angela is a very fun and enthusiastic student. She enjoys learning English, and teaching her is a pleasure. We have focused on general English, and she has improved her speaking and listening ability as well as pronunciation and grammar. She has learned new vocabulary, too.vWe have also practised her PhD presentation, which she needs to do abroad soon.
Parfait ! Hello everybody! At the moment I'm in the process of teaching English with Eugene. A month has passed already, during this time I have never regretted that I turned to Eugene. Lessons are dynamic, Eugene motivates a lot to speak English with the chosen theme of the lesson, the lesson is saturated. Eugene well follows the plan of classes and of course takes into account the wishes of the student, on what points it is worthwhile to stop more. I feel progress in my study of English, I can more confidently now speak English. In addition, I would like to note that Eugene devotes much time to the selection of homework, because without independent work progress is impossible. To all very much I recommend to address to Eugene!
Parfait ! Eugene is an excellent teacher. I am learning and improving my English a lot. He understood my goals quickly and always sends me exercises focusing on my limitations. I feel very good during our lessons. Eugene is a nice, polite and patient person. I really recommend.
- Réponse d'Eugene : Ana Carolina is an enthusiastic and motivated student. She enjoys learning English and is always happy during our lessons. Thank you Ana!
Parfait ! Eugene its a excellent teacher. Very motivated and with good ways do teach something new! I learn and enjoy the classes with him. Thank you !!!
- Réponse d'Eugene : Vinicius needs General English and Business English for his work. He is a motivated student who enjoys speaking English, and I always enjoy my lessons with him. Thank you!
Parfait ! Eugene is a really prepared English teacher. He explains grammar rules when he feels the student needs it. His lessons include also teaching daily expressions, phrasal verbs and usuful vocabulary in order to provide the student with a more natural and native speech. Besides that he knows a lot of portuguese and spanish words what helps him to understand the student intention when the vocabulary is still nondominated.
- Réponse d'Eugene : Andrezza is a serious student who does a lot of work outside of lessons. She enjoys speaking English and is a fun and enthusiastic student. Thank you!
Parfait ! Eugene has been so helpful to me. We have done our classes since January and I am very happy with the results. He is always interesting and trying to find exercises about my profession and necessity. Other good point is that he is always on time and understands when I need to reschedule. I strongly recommend Eugene.
- Réponse d'Eugene : Gustavo needs to practise his General and Medical English because he will go to London for about 6 months, and that is what we have been practising. He is a positive and happy student, who is keen to learn and he always does his homework :)
Thank you Gustavo!
Parfait ! Eugene is a great teacher. Take sure he´s gonna doing everything to make you develop your skills. He sends exercises every time and the lessons are so nice. You are not going to see the time passing away. I do recommend him!
- Réponse d'Eugene : Diego is an enthusiastic student of English, and he desires to reach an advanced/fluent level, and he puts in time and effort to achieve this goal.
Parfait ! Eugene is a very good teacher, always available, good explanations and send me exercices to improve my knowledges. Thanks Eugene
- Réponse d'Eugene : Vincent is a student of Business English. We focus on his professional area- tax advice in Luxembourg. We work on pronunciation, fluency, confidence, business scenarios, phrasal verbs and more.
Parfait ! I will recommend Eugène for English class; he uses many methodologies to involve yours skills.
You progresses without you realizing it.
It'a good teacher.
- Réponse d'Eugene : Amy is a happy student, and is always quick to smile. She seems to enjoy speaking English and practising the language. It is a pleasure to have Amy as a student!
Excellent ! Les cours avec Eugene se passent très bien, c'est un bon prof qui aide à avoir de l'assurance en anglais. Ses cours sont bien construits et ciblés sur ce dont on a besoin. Je recommande ce professeur. Thanks Eugene =)
- Réponse d'Eugene : Charlotte is a committed student. She is intelligent and eager to learn, and enjoys expressing herself in English. She also always does her homework :)
Parfait ! Eugene is a fantastic teacher of English. His classes are fun and we work all the language skills.
In addition, he is a very nice person and he has very good pronunciation of English.
I recommend it for all people.
- Réponse d'Eugene : Fabio is an enthusiastic student of English. We have been doing a lot of conversation practice to improve speaking speed and ability, and we have done grammar, vocabulary and listening comprehension exercises.
Parfait ! I love Eugene's class! He is the best teacher, is patient and fun. Lessons happens very fast :) My level is low, but I have improved my english a lot since I'm with him.
- Réponse d'Eugene : Barbara is a very motivated student who enjoys speaking English. She always smiles a lot during our lesson. We have been doing a lot of conversation practice, as well as grammar, vocabulary and listening comprehension.
Parfait ! Eugene is a great teacher, very attentive and patient. He prepares his classes and exercises for the student between each lesson. Thank You Eugene!
Eugene est un super prof, très à l'écoute et patient. Il prépare ses cours et des exercices pour l'élève entre chaque leçon. Thank You Eugene !
- Réponse d'Eugene : Virginie is a motivated student, and she wishes to improve her English for school as well as for her career. We have been strengthening her speaking abilities, confidence, grammar and vocabulary.
Excellent ! Eugene is a teacher very competent and present. He helped me to improve my spoken and make me for sure much confident respect before. I really advice to learn English with him, lesson are very funny and in the same time constructive! Thanks Eugenie for your patience with me!
- Réponse d'Eugene : Daniela wanted to improve her spoken English after being away from work for a while. Lessons were fun and we discussed a variety of topics, in order to increase her confidence and ability to express herself.
Parfait ! Eugene is a very patient and committed teacher. He prepares every class very carefully and provides a range of supporting material and exercises to complement his lessons. His teaching approach has allowed me to improve after just a few lessons and feel more confident to speak in English with others. I highly recommend Eugene as an English teacher.
- Réponse d'Eugene : Viviani's objective is to improve rapidly her spoken English before a presentation she needs to give. She has quickly gained more confidence and improved her fluency. Viviani is friendly and very motivated to improve her fluency in English.
Parfait ! Eugene, is the best English teacher I had. Very professional and friendly, I hope continue to work with him for long time.
- Réponse d'Eugene : Mehdi needs English in order to expand his export business to English speaking countries. We have been working on speaking practice, grammar, business vocabulary, business scenario practice (sales call) etc.
Mehdi is friendly and energetic.
Parfait ! Eugene is a great teacher! He has many resources to tech and he knows what strategy fits best to improve your level. He is super proactive and attentive. I strongly recommend him!
Parfait ! Evgeny is a good teacher if you want learn english!!! +++++++
Parfait ! Eugene is a great communicator, with him learning English is easy and fun. He adapt classes to the student preferences in order to make them more productive and fun. Also, he usually send extra material to me so I can use it for study and improve my English. A responsible profesional.
- Réponse d'Eugene : Irene is very friendly and enjoys speaking English. She is a keen learner.
Voir plus d'avis
I started classes with Eugene by a work colleague recommendation. I wanted to improve my conversation skills. In the first class I was very impressed how he could easily understand my needs and to show how I could improve my English language. The classes are very interesting and and also fun. Many times, I needed his help in rush situations and he was always there to attend me in short time. So, I highly recommend him as an English teacher.
Eugene is a very passionate and smart linguist and a funny entertaining teacher. He is clever in the way he explains concepts and is funny, so as to make lessons enjoyable. I'd definitely recommend him as a teacher.
Really great teacher with lots of patience and knowledge. Also really well prepared. Thanks alot for the lesson
Eugene is a very professional teacher. In the lessons with him it is always interesting. He sees weaknesses and helps to eliminate them. I am very lucky that I found a teacher like Eugene.
Eugene is a highly qualified teacher. He quickly understand student's needs and develop program of education for any level. I have been studying with Eugene for year. Now I have good results in speech, vocabulary and grammar. I recommended Eugene for student's who want to start English and also who want to improve their level.
Eugene is a very proficient teacher. I had not known such a professional person before. He is patient and kind. He helped me to make myself confident when I speak in English. I totally recommend him.
I strongly recommend Eugene as a teacher!!! You'll speak like a real British within no time !- and that's what we all want, isn't it ? ;)
Eugene is a lovely guy, very intelligent, funny and very enthusiastic. You will learn lots from him and enjoy yourself!
Eugene taught me the English language a year ago.
I started my classes with him a little before traveling to work alone for the first time to another country.
His classes gave me confidence to talk better and interact with people. Eugene is an incredibly competent and considerate teacher!
I’ve been having lessons with Eugene for the past 2 months and absolutely love it! The one-to-one classes are great fun with the right level of structure, and I really feel like I’m making significant progress. I can thoroughly recommend Eugene he is a brilliant way to learn English.
Eugene is a good tutor of many lenguage, He's patient and clearly for he's lessons, I don't have a problem in recomended to Eugene for take lessons with him.
He's a excellent tutor.
Eugene, is a great teacher but apart from that he is really fun to work with. You get into real conversations and you can feel free to discuss any subject that interest you. If you are a beginner he will walk you through the language step by step and make it all seem so easy. You can tell he has a lot of experience doing this. He is committed to your success and will give you all the keys to get you there. I am a 100% sure you will love learning with him!
While I was taking lessons with Eugene, I found him to be very professional, informative and patient. He always had interesting topics to speak about and I enjoyed learning with him. I can highly recommend any student to take a class with Eugene!
Eugene loves to speak and learn other languages. I'm from Belgium and he always asks me how do you say this and that. When I have questions about the english language, he will always try to explain it in a way I can understand or repeat the word until I can pronounce it correctly. When you struggle to learn the language, he is patient, because he knows the difficulties of learning a new language! He never loses his enthusiasm!
Eugene is a patient and experienced teacher with a lot of passion for teaching. At the same time he is nice and friendly.
I really like his lessons. He corrects me, he explains it and he writes down the corrections. It helps a lot.
He teaches me a lot of vocabulary during his classes.
I felt very comfortable with him so I definetely recommend him as a teacher.
Eugene is a highly enthusiastic and people-oriented person, who will, no doubt, make the process of learning a language very fun. As someone who's continuously learning languages himself, he understands the intricacies of teaching well.
Eugene is a great teacher. In the lessons with him it is always interesting. He is able to understand what your weakness are and can provide you with the knowledge you need to help you really improve.
Eugene has been helping me by teaching in a interactive way...
he makes the classes a funny moment to learn new things and understand how you can adapt yourself in the new language
I've been learning English with Eugene for some time. He is very professional and dedicated in teaching. I'd tried taking lessons with a few teachers, what I like the most about Eugene is he would keep a profile record for his every student. He would note down his students weakness such as preposition, conditional forms ... Then he would send a lot of helpful exercises and videos to help his students. I really appreciate his attentions, efforts and time even after our lessons, which definitely not all teachers possess. Last but not least, he is really friendly and fun person to talk with, time flies in our lessons. I highly recommend Eugene for someone who want to learn English.
I have known Eugene for over 10 years. When I first met him, he was already multilingual. Since then, I have watched him learn more and more languages and ever broaden his horizons. Eugene has mastered the process of learning new languages. He knows what it takes to go from knowing little to being a fluent and confident speaker. I fully trust in his abilities as a language tutor to impart this knowledge onto others.
On a personal level, Eugene is patient, compassionate, and always willing to help -- attributes that make him a great tutor.
Eugene is the best teacher that I've ever had, I have learned a lot. I definitely recommend Eugene as a teacher.
He´s a very capable person, very profresional also, he prepares he´s classes very good and works very hard to give the student the very best of the language he´s teaching, i´d also say that he´s passionated with teaching and leading people to a good comprehension about the languages he´s teaching.
Eugene and I worked together as teachers in Guatemala. He really cares about his students' progress and always looks for new ways to help them overcome language learning challenges. He is a dedicated and serious teacher that always helped English students feel much more confident and speak better. I think any student would be lucky to have Eugene as a teacher!
Eugene gave me many lessons of English. He is a methodical teacher who is friendly and helpful. He always sent me very useful homework like grammar exercises or videos to watch. I strongly recommend him as a tutor! Thanks Eugene!
Evgeny is extremely passionate about and talented in linguistics, understands the mechanisms of languages and is extremely good at listening and developing student's skills. He is friendly and approachable and makes the learning process seem less daunting.
Eugene is a perfect teacher because he is an attentive and nice person and also a specialist with deep understanding of language problems faced by students. Also it is very nice that Eugene knows several languages. Because he is fluent in Russian he has good understanding of my thinking.The lessons are very fun! I feel that i improved my language skill. Thank you all for your lessons.
Voir plus de recommandations
- 5h : 121€
- 10h : 236€
En savoir plus sur Eugene
Do you speak this language fluently because of your origins or because a teacher inspired you to learn?
I speak English because of my origin. I am British.
Can you name a living, historical or fictional character that you think is the emblematic representative of the language's culture?
This question is not easy, since we are talking about a language spoken by about 350 million native speakers and about 700 million non-native speakers. Can there be a person who is representative of a diverse language culture of over 1,000,000,000 people? English is also the official language of +50 countries. What person can represent the culture of this language?
I would have to resort to picking a series of famous people who speak English:
William Shakespeare - a very famous writer from the 15th century
Mr Bean - the comedian who shows an awkward middle class person
Sherlock Holmes - the famous fictional character
The Queen - The British Queen, being a symbol of British culture.
Friends - the world famous American TV sitcom, showing the life of 6 Americans.
Usain Bolt - he is an iconic athlete, who speaks English a first language.
In fact, any musician or athlete can be picked - David Beckham, The Beatles.
Any politician can be picked too.
If I pick one person as a representative of the language's culture, I will also reduce and limit the language to what that person represents - millionaire, upper class, athlete, musician, TV show.
Is there a typical word, phrase, tradition or behaviour in the language that you particularly like?
I like the tradition of going to the pub in England. There's normally no music, and it's a place for friends to gather and chat. The pub is central to English culture. People have a beer or a different drink, and talk about their lives.
Why does speaking this language matter to you?
English is the most important global language. English helps people make connections with people from other countries. It is also an important skill in your career. There is no other language that is as global as English. Other languages are important in specific regions, like Spanish and Latin America, Mandarin and China, Arabic and the Middle East, but English is important in the whole world.
What is the main difficulty in learning this language and what can help the process of learning?
The difficulty depends on the level of the student.
English pronunciation is not so easy, and there are many different accents - American, English, Scottish, Irish, Australian, Jamaican etc.
What you need to do is to watch English listening exercises, based on your level. I always send listening exercises so that my students can practice their listening skills
Another difficulty of learning English is perhaps phrasal verbs. They are the barrier between an intermediate or upper intermediate level and advanced. They are very similar to one another but have entirely different meanings. Native speakers use them often, which makes things confusing and tricky.
How to learn them? Repetition of them is important, but also listening and reading texts containing phrasal verbs - you can find plenty online
Provide a valuable anecdote related to your language learning or your days at school.
Like many of my students, I've studied a language at school but did not make much progress in communicating in that language. We focused a lot on grammar, vocabulary and reading, but less on listening and speaking. In fact, speaking was the skill we practiced the least. This means that I couldn't have a spontaneous German conversation now. This is similar to many people's experiences of learning languages.
I now understand that practicing speaking and listening is very important, and I make my students practice these skills a lot.
How has travel or a specific trip helped you to increase your skill and knowledge of the language?
I have experience of travelling to other countries when not being able to speak the local language, and then I learned that language.
In 2012 I travelled alone for 3 months in Central America. Most local people I met did not speak any English at all. I experienced the difficulty of not being able to communicate effectively with people. I started the trip with almost zero Spanish.
During my trip I did an intensive Spanish language course for 2 weeks and I stayed with a family during that time. After 3 months of travelling I was able to have conversational Spanish at an A2 level.
This experience taught me how it feels to be a student of a language. I experienced the difficulty of almost not being able to communicate. Then my level improved and I experienced how it feels to communicate on a basic level.
I feel that trip in 2012 made me a better teacher of English, because I understood how students feel. I also saw new methods of teaching. I learned a lot, and I feel I became a better English teacher because I had to learn a foreign language myself.
What makes you a Superprof in language?
What makes me a Superprof in English is my teaching experience, qualifications of teaching English, and my experience of learning foreign languages.
I am qualified by the University of Cambridge to teach English (CELTA certificate) as well as another certificate called "120 hours TEFL" by the TEFL Academy.
I have taught in Israel, England and Guatemala. I've also taught English online since January 2017. It means I've taught in classrooms, one-on-one, different professions, ages and nationalities. I have a diverse experience of teaching English.
My experience of learning languages, starting from a complete beginner level - fluent Spanish, intermediate French, beginner Italian and Portuguese. This means I understand the process a student goes through, and I also understand what is effective and important.