Emily E. August
+33 (information cachée) | (information cachée) | Paris, France
University of Northern Iowa | Cedar Falls, IA Spring 2014
• Graduate credits earned while interning with the Department of Defense and Camp Adventure.
University of California at Davis | Davis, CA 2010 – 2013
• Bachelor of Arts – International Relations, Minor in Education
• Graduated with honors (GPA 3.89)
UC Davis Quarter Abroad Program | Florence, Italy Fall 2013
Honors and Awards
• Department Citation for Undergraduate Achievement in International Relations | 2013
• College Letters and Sciences Dean’s List | 2012 – 2013
• Davis Honors Challenge Member | 2010 – 2011
• First Year Scholar | 2010 – 2011
Au Pair | Paris, France August 2014- Present
Responsible for children’s daily activities and well-being.
• Organize and implement daily schedule of activities; strong multitasking skills..
• Tutor English in one on one setting for ages 8-15.
• High level of responsibility and decision making within the household.
Teaching Intern, Camp Adventure | Ansbach, Germany January 2014- May 2014
Interned as a teacher in a military child development center on US military base in Germany while completing graduate credits.
• Fostered positive relationships with infant class, parents and army officials.
• Created weekly lesson plans that met strict military and accreditation standards.
• Managed classroom and internship administrative tasks and daily paperwork.
• Directed class activities and took on strong leadership role within classroom.
Environment Education Intern, UC Davis Student Farm | Davis, CA March 2013 – June 2013
Acted as a student leader and tour guide for on campus student farm as part of Education minor.
• Organized and implemented field trips activities and lesson plans.
• Educated 5-12 year old students about various environmental and outdoor educational topics.
• Collaborated with staff and managers regarding flow and management of field trips and academic outcomes.
Private French Tutor, Pleasanton Tutoring | Pleasanton, CA February 2013 – June 2013
Mentored high school aged students in French.
• Tutored two students in French language/writing/reading skills.
• Increased intermediate French students’ test scores by 30%.
• Created action plans for students including specialized worksheets and homework to encourage confidence and significant progress in their grades and language skills.
Resident Advisor, Student Housing | Davis, CA March 2011 – June 2012
Responsible for overseeing a residence hall of 110 first year students.
• Provided guidance and education, diversity and leadership support to first year students.
• Planned and implemented ten social, academic and culture programs per quarter.
• Communicated with coworkers and senior staff about conflicts, mediation, academic concerns and community trends.
• Completed extensive professional development and diversity training.
• Enforced policy and responded to emergency and non-emergency situations.